You are here
Focused on Education
Since 1976, Coast has had one focus: to be the most effective collection agency in higher education receivables. We understand our university clients, how they operate, and their need for their agencies to be successful in recovery and service to their student borrowers, who are tomorrow's alumni. Our representatives are well-trained and experienced in collecting education receivables, and understand how to approach each borrower with professionalism and compassion.
Our memberships and active participation in both higher education and collection industry associations enable the Coast team to keep abreast of updates to regulations, which ensures that are clients are updated and remain compliant. We are active participants in many national associations, including ACA International, COHEAO, and NCHER, as well as many regional and state-level associations.
We successfully collect for over 200 colleges and universities, guaranty agencies, and the United States Department of Education. Our executive team alone has more than a century of combined experience in education receivables.
- Compliance with all higher education acts, rules and regulations, and due diligence protocols
- Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA)
- Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Red Flag Rules (FTC)
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP)
Areas of Specialization
- NSDL / Federal Perkins Loan Program
- GSL / Stafford Loan Program
- Health Professions Student Loans / Primary Care Loans
- Institutional Loan Portfolios
- Tuition & Student Receivable Accounts
- Parking Fines
- Auxiliary Accounts
- Other campus-based debt